Pages

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

When you get married in Vegas, you're only married in Vegas!

I took way too long to finally get to Bringing Down the House by Ben Mezrich... I liked the movie version, 21, but mostly because of the BU references, and Vegas is just cool. The book not only lacks Jim Sturgess playing Kevin, an MIT math genius who joins a card counting team to spice up his monotonous life at the bio lab, but it also wasn't very different from any other Vegas story. I guess if I had read this before the movie, I would have liked it a lot more, and I wouldn't have gotten so sick of the reappearing threatening men in suits in every chapter. Plus all I kept thinking about while reading this was the stupid trailer for The Social Network, the next based-on-real-life story of Boston brainiacs getting over their heads while trying to be cool and make some quick cash.

5.5/10
445 points

No comments:

Post a Comment