Pages

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Bon Appétit!

My Life in France, by Julia Child, is a book I've been meaning to read for about a year now. When I re-discovered it while cleaning my room, I finally gave it the attention it deserved. This book isn't for everyone; only the true foodies at heart can really appreciate her many detailed accounts of preparing poached fish in yet another type of butter sauce. But even though poached fish may not be my meal of choice, I was hooked. Her bursting passion and love for food and cooking was so relatable to me, I read some passages and felt like I could have written them myself. I was so inspired after finishing the book that I kind of got a little stressed out because I didn't know where to begin. Buy all of her cookbooks and immediately begin to master the art of French cooking myself? Re-watch Julie and Julia? Go to the market and get a freshly killed goose and learn how to stuff it with lemon and herbs??? Um. Well, no.

But I will continue to push myself in the kitchen, trying new recipes and practicing for my TV show (it could happen, ok?). Shopping at the market and eating fresh, yummy food. And who knows, maybe one of these days I will get around to that goose. Maybe.

96/100
502 points.

No comments:

Post a Comment