Pages

Monday, August 1, 2011

I haven't updated since January and this is all I remember......

Solar by Ian McEwan
Mostly I read this because I love Atonement, and it was about a scientist who works with solar power, but it ended up being mostly about that scientist screwing a lot of women and getting really fat.
352 points

I Am The Messenger by Markus Zusak
Jenna lent me this over winter break, and I really liked it. This Australian teenage cabdriver gets these mysterious playing cards that tell him an address to visit, and at each place, there's something wrong with the people who live there that he needs to fix. Parts are really sad, but cool idea.
368 points

World of Trouble: The White House and the Middle East by Patrick Tyler
I had to read this for my class on US and Middle East relations, and it was basically a history by US president. I really liked it because it presented a complex issue in an easy to understand way, bringing in the personalities of each president and helping me understand what actually goes on between the US and that region.
640 points

No comments:

Post a Comment