Pages

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Not that this is really necessary, but...

The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest by Steig Larsson
The final book (for now) in this series, I think I liked the second one the best, but this was still really good.
776 points

While Mortals Sleep by Kurt Vonnegut
My brother picked this out for me (again). I think I liked the first one I read more, but this was still an enjoyable read, especially if you're a Vonnegut fan. This was another collection of short stories, published after he died.
472 points

The Help by Kathryn Stockett
I first heard about this book while doing a research project about libel and slander. Apparently the author is being sued for likeness of character- a women claims that Stockett uses her life stories in the novel without permission. The book has gotten hugely popular since then and there's a movie coming out based on the book. It was a good read, but I'm interested to know the truth behind the court case. I can see both sides of it, and I'm not sure what ended up happening, I'll have to look it up. I'm glad I read this before I saw the movie, something I've been bad at lately.
744 points

Starting Over by Ken Sharp
Collection of interviews with John Lennon, Yoko Ono, and other key players in the production of Lennon's last album before his death, Double Fantasy. This was interesting to me because I love them, so every little fact is fun to read about, otherwise I don't know that others would find this a thrilling read.
472 points


I think it would be great to keep this around as a book club of sorts. Great idea, Matt.

No comments:

Post a Comment