Pages

Friday, September 17, 2010

Behind the scences with a real-life Sugar Plum Fairy

Usually when I'm bored at work, I draw on post-it notes, try on the belly dancing costumes, or take a nap on the floor. But lately, I've been reading one of the ballet books we have laying around that no one will ever actually buy. It's called Winter Season, by Toni Bentley, a dancer I have for sure never heard of. But she danced for years for the New York City Ballet, under George Balanchine, and the book was an interesting look into the life of a prima ballerina.

Basically, their days seem to be spent as such:
Morning: wake up, massage injured feet, drink coffee, take class
Afternoon: take another class, rehearse ballet, dance through the excruciating pain, drink Coke
Evening: nibble on a salad, or maybe some fish, drink Coke, perform

Basically the opposite of how I want to spend my days....but still, somehow I found it really interesting.

Or at least better than rearranging the racks of leotards so that all the hangars face the same way.


8/10
350 points

No comments:

Post a Comment