Pages

Monday, February 28, 2011

The Way Things Are

Another book for my mysticism class. Huston Smith was my professor's professor at Syracuse University back in the day, and this book is a collection of interviews that have been conducted with him throughout the years. Friend of Aldous Huxley, Timothy Leary, and the Dalai Lama (just to name a few), Smith uses his position as a spiritual guide to inspire others on their personal religious path.

I really like his approach to religion. He speaks a lot about finding your spiritual roots, which means going back to the religion you were born into and discovering the mystical aspects of it, instead of finding a whole new religion to adopt and follow. It's a weird concept for me because I have mixed feelings about Catholicism, but I'm interested. So I guess the book succeeded in that sense.

8/10
477 points

No comments:

Post a Comment